OSG, Inc's comprehensive screening and selection process was designed to recruit personnel with the technical and personal aptitude to meet each of our client's specific requirements. We seek honest, reliable security officer candidates who possess a professional appearance, basic security knowledge, good reasoning ability, and appropriate written and verbal communication skills.
While people are the most important resource in any business, they are absolutely critical in the security services business. One key to our success is our ability to recruit, screen and hire the quality people who will be the heart of our business. More important is our ability to retain our employees by offering benefits and an array of attractive incentive programs.
Our aggressive recruitment techniques provide us with a large number of applicants. Consequently, we can eliminate applicants with marginal qualities and select the best people to perform security duties at our client sites. OSG utilizes thorough, effective and timely screening methods to identify applicants who possess the necessary character and stability, who are capable of acting responsibly and decisively, and who are drug-free, and to eliminate applicants who lack these qualities. Our pre-employment screening program, among the most stringent in our industry, is based on procedures we have developed and refined over a period of years. The consistent application of our eight-step screening process allows us to select people who are an appropriated match for our client's requirements.
Standards for hiring
Each step of our screening process is tightly defined, administered by a qualified personnel specialist, and reviewed by our senior management. These steps are:
1. Making sure our applicants meet the following minimum application requirements:
Be at least 18 years of age.
Be a U.S. Citizen or provide documentation permitting residency and authorization to work.
Have a residence phone and reliable transportation to and from work assignments.
Read, write and speak effective english as determined during the interview and a review of the application for employment.
Present a neat, well-groomed appearance.
Verify employment for a period covering the last five years.
Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
Have no record of convictions for criminal acts.
Physically and mentally able to perform the functions of a security officer.
Have no known history of alcohol or drug addiction or dependency.
Have a job history providing stability and suitability for security work.
2. The Employment Application provides a history of work experience, education and residences. We look for neatness of the application, completion of required information, past experience, stability in employment, special skills (if any), and written communication skills. Specifically, the application requires the following information:
Full name and any aliases
Place of birth
Citizenship or legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Current and prior residences (five years)
Education (minimum high school diploma or GED)
Personal references (minimum of three)
Previous employment history (five years)
Record of criminal conviction.
3. A series of Personal Interviews are conducted using a process of opened and closed probes to explore previous work and personal activity patterns in predicting future performance, we know that past activity patterns are the best indicator of what to expect from an individual at the job site. The personal interview also allows us to initially assess an applicant's oral communication skills.
After an initial interview with the Operations Manager, the applicant undergoes thorough interviews with the Chief Operating Officer and Site Manager. These interviews are designed to thoroughly evaluate a candidate's qualifications and ensure they are the right fit to our client's security needs. We also allow our client to meet the candidate prior to placement and will only assign the officer based on their final approval.
4. Telephone Reference Checks are conducted to verify accuracy of five years of past work history and personal referneces. Five years must be accounted for with any gaps in work history (military, EDD, social security, etc.) explained and verified by qualifying agency.
5. Written References are conducted when telephone references are not obtainable, to confirm work history, education, residences and military expeirence.
1. A Thorough Background Investigation is conducted with a turn-around time of 72 hours or less. We are provided with criminal record, social security verification, driving record and credit checks. Note: The applicant is not offered a position until the background investigation is completed.
2. Our New Hire Orientation Program gives us another opportunity to observe the applican't ability and aptitude for security. The eight-hour classroom course further assesses the reading, writing and thinking skills required for security work. Our Director of Training, Operations Manager and General Manager are allowed the opportunity to observe the candidate's demeanor, diligence and ability to perform as directed. Additionally, officer candidates are not certified for post work until they pass a comprehensive, closed book examination covering the content of the two-day orientation program.
3. A 90-day probation period allows us to closely monitor and evaluate the security officer's performance and makes sure he or she is the right match for your site.
(253) 212-3659 Office
(253) 514-6913 Fax
OSG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. OSG complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. OSG expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OSG employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.